The Schedule & Entry Form are now available for the WBA's first official sale to be held at Hexham & Northern Marts on 30th June. Closing Date 30th May.
UK Elite Sale
Wagyu Fullblood, Pure and F1 Animals,
Embryos and Semen
30th June 2018
Entries Close 30th May
Held at Tynedale Farmer Function Suite, Hexham Mart, Tyne Green, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 3SG
Entry form and Schedules available from Hexham Mart office 01434 605444 or www.hexhammart.co.uk or by clicking the 'Schedule & Entry Form' link above.
It gives me great pleasure to be involved in the UK’s first Wagyu Breeders Association sale held on the 30th June at Hexham Auction Mart in the Tynedale Farmers Function Suite.
The sale will be different because it will be a virtual sale with no livestock present on sale day. All information and photos shall be given on each lot within the catalogue.
The sale shall commence at 3pm in the Tynedale Function Suite
All lots shall be displayed and sold on a projector screen
Bidding can be done either over the phone, online or through an agent if the potential purchaser is unable to attend the sale.
Any further please feel free to contact Auctioneer Drew Patrick on 07854361967.
Important Notice to Vendors
- No stock shall be present at the sale
- Lots to be sold with details displayed on a projector screen
- The vendor has the right to place a reserve price
- Entry fee of £25 plus VAT (£30) per lot (VAT Registration No. 176 1745 46)
- Cheques payable to Hexham Auction Mart
- BACs details Sort Code: 309419; Account Number: 00075242
- All live animals must be sound and healthy prior to movement to purchaser
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to organise the transport and movement of the live animals
- All animals sold subject to TB rules and regulations
- Reserve Prices: Vendors have the right to refuse to accept the final bid for their animals.
- All Pedigree animals shall be sold in guineas (105 pence) and a commission of 7% will be charged by the Auctioneers on all sales. No animal may be sold privately before being passed through the auction ring and full commission will be charged on the sale of any animal sold by private treaty after the auction. Such transactions must pass through the auctioneers’ office, with both office staff and auctioneers being notified.
The sale will be conducted under the conditions of sale recommended for the use by The Livestock Auctioneers’ Association Ltd and can be found on the mart’s website or on the main wall in the mart office. The following conditions shall also be applied by Hexham and Northern Marts and the Wagyu Breeders Association to ensure and create a high level of standards and assurance.
1. All Wagyu Fullblood animals and donors to be registered with Australian Wagyu Association or the American Wagyu Association
2. Embryos – the purchaser is responsible for transfers and any fees that maybe applied. Bidding shall be PER EMBRYO. Embryos to be sold as buyers’ risk
3. Semen – the purchaser is responsible for transfers and any fees that maybe applied. Bidding shall be PER STRAW.
4. Live Animals – All animals must be healthy and sound on the date of the sale. As no Live Animals shall be present at the sale, the purchaser shall have a 14 days guarantee period after the sale of health and soundness. This should give sufficient time for transportation to be organised for the animal between holdings.
a. All soundness and guarantees of fertility can be found within the LAA conditions of sale
5. Pre – Sale Inspections – No animals shall be present at the sale with photographs and breeding information provided in the catalogue and online catalogue. All live animals shall be located at the vendor premises if stated otherwise. Embryo and Semen storage shall be disclosed in the catalogue. The delivery and transportation of all lots (live animals, Embryos and Semen) is the BUYERS’ responsibility.
6. Genetic Conditions – All DNA testing results shall be disclosed within the catalogue. These will determine the lots status and whether it is DNA tested free or “free by pedigree” of B3, CHS, CL16 and F11.
7. Export eligibility – It shall indicate if lots are eligible for overseas export. Prospective buyers should check with relevant authorities prior to the sale. The Auctioneers accept no responsibility for the ability of any lot to be exportable.
8. How to bid on lots – All potential buyers must register with Hexham and Northern Marts prior the sale via telephone or by email. Details can be found on the front of the catalogue. Registered bidders can bid live at the sale by attending, by telephone or via a nominated agent.
9. Bidding variations – Lots are sold in the following manner;
i. Live cattle – sold as per lot
ii. Semen – sold per straw
iii. Embryo – sold per embryo