WAGYU BREEDERS ASSOCIATION
WHy JOIN THE WAGYU BREEDERS ASSOCIATION?
Be part of the first ‘new’ Beef Breed Society in over 20 years and play your part in moulding the future of Wagyu breeding in the UK & Ireland!
We welcome applications for Membership from all interested parties such as pedigree breeders, commercial producers, processors, butchers, retailers, chefs and restaurateurs. The WBA covers Great Britain & Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Membership is a flat £200 annual subscription. The membership year runs from 1st July to 30th June in line with our partner the Australian Wagyu Association. Members who join before 31/12 pay £200; those joining on or after 01/01 pay £100.
To apply to join the WBA, please complete the Membership Application Form below. An invoice will be forwarded to you in due course.
- Ability to register fullblood and/or crossbred calves via an integrated tag, DNA and registration facility
- UK-based administration service run by Pedigree Cattle Services (PCS) to help guide Members through the tag, DNA and registration process. Based in Perth, Scotland, PCS already works with 11 other UK breed societies through the ABRI and Breedplan systems used by our partners the Australian Wagyu Association (AWA)
- Automatic Overseas Membership of the AWA at no extra cost enabling British & Irish Wagyu fullbloods to be registered with one of the foremost Wagyu associations worldwide, the AWA. Access to AWA’s Breedplan performance recording system and genetic research. Online database for animal and member search
- Use of the Wagyu Producer Group to market meat to maximum effect: helps smaller producers get the best return on their investment; harnesses those beef and dairy producers who have used Wagyu semen in the past
- Attending Wagyu-themed Open Days and Farm Walks
- A Welcome Pack to include an introduction to the WBA, the background of Wagyu branding along with a published feeding, finishing and slaughter template of advisory notes to meet a WBA Quality Standard
- Monthly newsletter and social media updates
- Advertising opportunities on www.britishwagyu.co.uk
- Three online issues per year of the Wagyu Update magazine produced in partnership with the Australian Wagyu Association (AWA)